Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Connect Wireless Desktop Edge

Our time
Literature

Pasternak NOBEL REJECTS ...

"I want to write something deep and true," said the Russian novelist Boris Pasternak at the beginning of "Doctor Zhivago," his lyrical epic about the Bolshevik Revolution. In 1958, a year after the publication of the novel, Pasternak was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature but was forbidden to accept this honor.

Since the early 20's, Pasternak was named one of the best poets of the Soviet Union. At first I was optimistic about the effect of the Cultural Revolution on Russian, but was disillusioned with the Communist repression. For years, left the creative and dedicated to translate, especially Shakespearz-Nobel.
"Considering the idea that this award has been given to the Society to which I belong, I must reject this undeserved prize given to me personally. I hope my voluntary rejection is not misinterpreted, "informed the Swedish Committee.

When he died in 1960, there was a massive attendance at his funeral, but until 1987 it was restored by the Writers Union, which facilitated the publication in Russian of his most famous work.


"Living life to the limit is not child's play" (Boris Pasternak, Doctor Zhivago)

... for all those who have killed and / or imprisonment and / or silence your conscience ... their values ... its principles ... and your Inner Child ... MUASSS ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment